Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Lost Blogs - Day 2

Note: The following is part of a Grassroots Blogger Book Marketing Campaign, or GBBMC for short. In an ingenious stint to promote Paul Davidson's book, "The Lost Blogs", over 40 bloggers will each be blogging as their preferred historical figure for a entire week and at the same time, take a shot at guessing who each of the other writers are blogging as. Do check out the other Lost Bloggers on my Blogroll and get a kick out of these fictitious blogs.

Do you know who I really am yet?

"
The Lost Blogs" will be out next month and contains artifacts written by history's most infamous personalities.

==========================================

Actors should be treated like cattle. Basically, if they are not herded, they'd wander around aimlessly like lost sheep. You need to tell them exactly what to do. Few are actually masters in their profession. I guess that's why they needed me. I get paid to tell people what to do and how to do it. My life is an entertainment circuit by itself.

The best thing about my job is I get to unveil the story the way I want to tell it. In the Expressionist style - that's what they call it. I like that term. My enigmatic approach to film seems to intrigue many. Heck, they even named a camera effect after me. How bloody cool is that?

I have been told that my work tends to lean towards gallows humour. Humour that makes light of death and other serious matters. Well, life is ardous and extremely limited. I personally feel we should take life in a lighter vein. Or at least, that's what sweet Alma wants me to believe. God, where would I be without her? She has been so paramount in my career that I am truly convinced that behind every successful man stands an extraordinary woman. Alma IS that woman.

She never fails to be amused by the cameo appearances I make in my movies. I simply love to surprise her by playing the most unexpected roles. My favourite should be the one in which I appeared in a fictitious newspaper ad for a weight loss product. She spent many nights scouring through the film just to spot me. It's wicked indeed, but we had lots of fun.

I've just learnt that my movie has been nominated for an Academy Award. The Oscar trophy would look pretty good in my treasure vault.

Gotta set my three boys on a new investigative quest soon. I wonder what challenges can I pose to them this time? It's tough grappling being Hector sometimes.... Yes. I do have an identity crisis issue. Reality and fiction have merged into one blurry line and I am standing right in between the whole time.

I think it's time for another brandy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home